Tags

Personal (16) Rving (8)

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Waking up naturally

This morning I woke up to the sound of rain pitter-patting above my head as I was bundled up in my bed, nice and toasty, in a very, very dark room. I sleep in one of the high bunks in our RV, so I'm only a couple feet from the roof, and in case you didn't know this, when you live in an RV it's basically like living in a car. And we all know how good rain sounds from inside a car. So you can imagine my joy upon waking up. I didn't want to get out of bed!

Recently I read a really great article about an island in Greece, where all the residents live long healthy lives and in the story it was talking about what they do. They drink herbal teas, eat food they've grown, take lots of naps, stay up late with their friends and wake up naturally. . . .

Wake up naturally?? How do you wake up UNnaturally? That part threw me for a loop and it wasn't until a couple hours later I finally understood what they meant by waking up naturally.  I've never ever EVER used an alarm or anything to wake myself up. I've always "woken up naturally" (except for birthdays, where my family covers my bed in balloons and I wake up to flashing cameras and out-of-tune singing.), so the thought that that wasn't a normal thing for everyone was slightly shocking. And hilarious for my parents when I suddenly yelled "ohhhhh I get it!!" out of the blue.

I'm also pretty pleased to now know I'll be living a very long time, like those Greeks.

Also in random news today, it's my birthday eve! I wonder how they're going to get those balloons up into my bunk tomorrow. . . ?




1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a fabulous birthday, Rhanna! And I hope you live a long and peaceful life, whether in Greece or not! ;) Love your blog, btw! Can't wait to read more <3

    ReplyDelete