Tags

Personal (16) Rving (8)

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Can I write a post about smells without using word "smells" once?

I've been reading The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett out loud to my family. This is probably my favorite Terry Pratchett series; it's absolutely hilarious to read out loud since half of it is written to be read in a thick Scottish accent.
In the book, Tiffany Aching, our heroine, has olfactory connotations between her grandmother and Jolly Sailor Tobacco. And it got me thinking about how important scents can be in triggering memories of people or places.

Recently I thought that it would be pretty cool if I had a signature scent, like a perfume that I always wore, until it became apart of who I am. Part of my style. So one day my grandchildren will remember me whenever they get a whiff of my perfume. But what should  it be?

I don't want to use some super fake flowery perfume, like the aroma of a mall. Blah. What about something to do with baking? Oh yes! But what kind of dessert? Almond extract is divine. Maple extract seems too sticky. What about chocolate? Like, dark, unsweetened chocolate. There's a delicious lotion we have from Oyin Handmade that basically smells like chocolate vanilla marshmallow fudge, but without being overly sweet. It's incredible. Of course chocolate should be my perfume. It's ridiculously perfect. Everywhere I go I bring a delicious cloud of chocolate and vanilla. My grandchildren will think of me when they make brownies and fudge!

So I've ordered some samples of some very interesting cocoa fragrance oils from Etsy and I can't wait until they get here, to try them out. Soon I shall have my own eau du Rhanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment